Thursday, November 23, 2017

Free Motion Quilt Graffiti

During a break at November's meeting Sherry Sarino and I were discussing our shared interest in Free Motion Quilt Graffiti (aka doodling or zentangle).  I told her I saw an amazing tutorial online and would send it to her, but I thought "why not share with everyone"! So without further ado here are some examples and a great tutorial.  Have fun.  LOVE this.

Karlee Porter "Russian Mosque" these are two different pictures.  I couldn't separate them for some reason.  Apparently they are Siamese twins.
Karlee Porter: Russian MosqueOh, the quilting! This is my dream. One day....By Karlee Porter: Graffiti Quilting 101

So I had the video saved and darn it all... Karlee removed the video.  I think she is now selling it.  BUT here is a pretty good one:
Video where Karlee discusses how she does the graffiti quilting:
Interview Karlee Discuss Graffiti Quilting

Her website:
Karlee porter
Her tutorials and fast motion graffiti
She has links to her blog, designs,books... if you are interested.

Sherry, I sure hope this is what you were talking about!

If anyone has a good video to share or some insights, feel free to leave a comment below.  Also, if you have something you want to share on the blog, write up your thoughts, give me some links and pics and BINGO  - you can now add "quasi published writer" to your resume AND make your fellow SUFAites really really happy.


1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! Thank you for posting this! I will have to look into it closer!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!